Premise Liability Attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FL
In Fort Lauderdale and the state of Florida as a whole the law holds any property owner responsible for properly maintaining their premises so that there are no unsafe or hazardous conditions that could cause serious injuries – or even death – to anyone who steps onto that property. This means that property owners have a duty towards their visitors; they are required to make sure that their properties are safe. If you or a loved one are injured as a result of an unsafe or hazardous condition that the property owner was either aware of – or should have been aware of, you may have cause for a “premises liability” case. Jeffrey N Ivashuk is an experienced attorney in this area of personal injury law, one who can stand up to big insurance companies and corporations in a courtroom and aggressively litigate on your behalf. If you have suffered injury or loss as a result of injuries sustained on property that is owned by another, you need the help of a lawyer who is skilled in the area of premise liability law, and you need one quickly.
Premise liability law is extremely complex, because it covers a vast multitude of different scenarios, situations, and locations, such as:
- A supermarket or store: an employee doesn’t mop up a spill, or mops an area of the floor but doesn’t set up cautionary cones warning customers that the area is wet, and a customer slips and falls as a result.
- A private residence: an owner fails to maintain their property in such a way as to avoid injury to people in the area, and falling debris – a tree branch, a roof tile – breaks or slips off and injures a guest or person passing by as a result.
- An apartment building: a manager fails to properly maintain the apartment building in a condition that is safe for renters, and does not repair or replace such things as defective fire alarms, hallway lights, stairs, banisters, railings, steps – and a renter is seriously injured as a result.
- A public street and sidewalk: a superintendent of a building crew is overseeing a construction zone, but does not ensure that there is consistent or sufficient warning to people who must use the area, and a car is wrecked or a person is injured because of the unsafe construction as a result.
- A Hotel, Mote, Store or other Venue: the establishment fails to provide adequate security to ensure the customers are reasonably safe from assault or injury at the hands of another.
People who are injured in any of these – or similar situations may be able to recover compensation for their injuries from an owner or possessor of the property that was inadequately protected or maintained. Proving the link between a property owner’s negligence and a serious injury may appear obvious and easy to most people, but the issues involved in premises liability are complicated – and they sometimes overlap. Government agencies and federal laws have written volumes of safety standards, laws and ordinances that define what “levels of safety” a property owner must meet. However, the job of identifying legal responsibility and proving that one of these safety levels was not adequately met and so caused serious – or fatal – injuries to a client – can be very difficult. Mr. Ivashuk is the kind of injury attorney that has the resources and skilled professional staff to research and support the evidence in your case. He has the kind of in-depth knowledge and understanding of this area of personal injury law that will result in a successful resolution – and award – for his clients. In short, Mr. Ivashuk knows how to win for you. He knows how to collect evidence and provide irrefutable proof that will demonstrate to a court that the negligent property owner should be held ethically, legally, and financially responsible for any kind of injury that resulted from their carelessness and/or irresponsibility. Mr. Ivashuk knows how dramatically a disabling accident can alter a person’s entire existence, and he understands how severe the financial hardship will be for you and your family if justice is not served.
If you are dealing with a possible case of premises liability in Fort Lauderdale or surrounding Florida areas and you don’t know what to do – you need to contact a reputable personal injury attorney as soon as possible. The Law Office of Jeffrey N Ivashuk is ready to provide a complimentary and confidential consultation to help you determine your best course of action. **He will work with you on a contingency basis, because he will accept no fee for helping you unless he wins for you. Jeffrey N Ivashuk is an attorney who not only cares about your rights and your personal welfare – he cares about you.